Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASCE Forensic Engineering Technical Group meeting[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: ASCE Forensic Engineering Technical Group meeting
- From: <SCHFUN(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 18:56:16 EDT
For those of you in Southern California: The July meeting of the Forensic Engineering Technical Group of the Los Angeles Section of ASCE will be held at 6 pm on July 14, 1998 at the Wyndham Garden Hotel at the Citadel (5757 Telegraph Road, City of Commerce). Our speaker this month is Don Hughes, a noted waterproofing expert. Mr. Hughes is active in the development of waterproofing specifications for CSI, ICBO, and the National Roofing Contractors Association. Topic: 'If it Weren't for the water...." It has been estimated that more than 75% of construction defect issues are related to water intrusion. Mr. Hughes will present several case histories to illustrate the difficult nature of water intrusion problems. Solving water intrusion problems requires a multidisciplinary approach that involves roofing, flashing details, framing, soils, and civil issues. Due to narrow- minded approaches, the wrong problem can be addressed, and the water intrusion problems continue after extensive repairs. For reservations, call: Steve Helfrich 909-792-7366 Steve Kent 714-224-3808 Cost: $25 per person with reservations, $27 per person at the door.
- Prev by Subject: Appreciative Comments
- Next by Subject: ASD and LRFD (was Re: SPACE GASS)
- Previous by thread: Re: books purchase
- Next by thread: Appreciative Comments