Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Enercalc Reinforced Concrete Beam design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Enercalc Reinforced Concrete Beam design
- From: John Armijo <421jarmi(--nospam--at)pwcsd.nosc.mil>
- Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 07:55:45 -0700
I am designing a reinforced concrete lintel over a 12'-0" masonry opening. I have input 2 # 5 Top and Bottom of a 8" wide by 12" deep beam. End conditions are Fixed-Fixed, Seismic Zone 4, 150PCF concrete weight, uniform dead load of 1.064 KLF, and #3 ties. All other input values are the defaults. I have two questions: 1. Which version of the ACI Code is being used? 2. For the input above I get Maximum Moment, Mu= -19.56 K-ft and Allowable Moment, Mn/phi= 16.48 K-ft and a note saying, "Beam Design OK". Granted a positive number is larger than a negative number, but my concern is that the absolute value, | -19.56 | is greater than the absolute value of | 16.48 | and that the beam design is NOT OK. Can anyone shed some light on this?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Enercalc Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Next by Subject: RE: Enercalc Reinforced Concrete Beam design
- Previous by thread: AW: Re: Glass Information Needed
- Next by thread: RE: Enercalc Reinforced Concrete Beam design