Re: bad [humor]

At 08:04 AM 7/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>To Paraphrase:
>
>"Jesus, protect me from your fanatics")
>
>Kathleen don't worry there will be a lot of us there.
>

>Rob Stevens
>Consulting Engineer
>Pittsburgh, Pa.

I used to think that this forum was best used for engineering questions
only.  But being engineers doesn't mean that our lives are limited to
allowable stresses, seismic coefficients and response spectrum analysis.
Politics, business, fights with building officials and clients that won't
pay are as much a part of our lives as the latest software.

And so is Jesus Christ.

It is sad to see the sacrifice that our Lord made on the cross taken so
lightly by educated and respected people.  The gospel, the good news, of
Jesus Christ is that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten
Son so that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal
life.  You can joke and make light of going to hell or you can accept the
free gift of a God that loves you.

Fifteen years ago, in my twenties, I made the same jokes.  I thought that I
was too smart, too well educated and too scientific to believe in a God that
I cannot prove by a formula, a test or an experiment.  How could a reasoning
person ever believe that, I thought.  But God brought beautiful people into
my life who led me to Jesus at the age of 37.  And since then there has been
no doubt for me that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, he came to earth, he
died, he was resurrected and he sits at the right hand of God.  And he is
coming again.

I'm sorry to hear that some people feel that they need to be protected from
Christains.  Unfortunately we are weak, human, fallible and ordinary people.
Christains do bad things too.  But we have something to share that is very
valuable.  When someone on this list hears about a great new computer
program they have a desire to share it with the group.  It is the same thing
with the gospel.  A Christain can't help but share the good news.

Like the angels told the shepherds on the night of Jesus birth "Do not be
afraid. For I bring you tidings of great joy."  Jesus loves you, he died for
you, he is worthy of your respect.

Dave Morris P.E. S.E.
Corvallis, Oregon