Re: bad [humor]

Dave Morris

"The gospel, the good news, of Jesus Christ is that God so loved the
world that he gave his only begotten Son so that whosoever believes in
him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Dave maybe you can help answer a question I have with the Christians
viewpoint on life, now and hereafter.

I would have to believe that "God" in whatever form he (she?) takes
would love all the people of the earth and would not be discriminatory
or have an ego that would require that only  "whosoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life"

Does that mean that even a person with good morals and values is doomed
to hell if they dont profess their belief.  Does this mean that members
of other religions who may not believe in Jesus, even if they are good
people, are going to hell too?  What happened to all of the native
people in the Americas, Asia and Africa who until only in recent
centuries have learned of Jesus - were they doomed to hell as well
because of their remoteness from Israel (they didn't even have a choice
to believe or not)

I think it is great that you have strong feelings for "your" religion.
God knows that the world needs more people with Christian type beliefs.
Personally though I have a problem with the discriminatory belief that
only the "Christian" way is the right way - maybe that is why some other
 "educated" people take "lightly" "your" beliefs.  In the end I guess I
will have to deal with God and I will ask him (her?) the same questions
and to be honest I am not quite sure I would want to be with him if he
doomed all those who didn't know or didn't profess belief - doesn't seem
like a nice or "Christian" person would do that.