From: Dennis Wish [mailto:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 1:54 PM
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject: Retaining Wall program

I understand that Eagle Point Software is giving away their Quick Wall
retaining wall program as a special to SEAOC members (and I would think any
of the list members).I heard through rumor that this was an offer which was
to be advertised in our SEAOSC Online, but have not seen it.
If any of you have information or have seen it online, let me know. I'll try
and reach Joe Deppe about it as well (if he isn't lurking somewhere out
there).

>From what I know of the program, it will design a cantilever wall as well
as
a basement wall. Although Free is hard to compete against, I am interested
in running the program through its paces and comparing it against the
competition.

On the same note, I have seen a pre-release of Retain-Pro 5.0 and am very
impressed with the interface. It has shed its conservative appearance for
something friendlier that I can relate to. Again, I have not played with it
too much and know that the features have expanded significantly for this
program. I will report on both programs as I get my hands upon them and have
run them through my software course.

Also, if any of you know of other commercial retaining wall programs, I
would be interested in hearing from you or simply send me the link so that I
can check it out myself. I do know about the program that is part of the
Enercalc library which is not as robust as RetainPro but of the same family
of products. BTW, Retainpro 5 will now design basement walls as well.

Maybe Joe Deppe can fill us in a bit more about EP's unique offer!

Dennis Wish PE