Re: Enercalc Reinforced Concrete Beam design

I didn't see the origional message sent regarding the Enercalc program
Concrete beam design, however I have come across a problem with it.  It does
not indicate a problem with negitave bending in the solution. What I have seen
is that the moment capasity of a beam is given in positive units, therefore
since negitave bending is a negative It thinks that it is ok.  The numbers
appear correct if you just watch what you are doing.

I have found the same problem with the slender masonry wall program- It checks
maximim axial loads, but does not flag it if these loads are exceeded.