Re: cables -- iterative techniques

You can get 'cook book' solutions from Roark's Formulas for Stress and
Strain for single span cables.  The 5th ed. has two cases; one for a
uniformly distributed load and the other for a concentrated load.  See
Table 12, Case Nos. 5 and 6.

Walt Sawruk
EQE International, Inc.
Shillington, PA
ws(--nospam--at)eqe.com

At 01:01 PM 08-07-1998 EDT, you wrote:
>Anyone out there work much with cables?
>
>I'm curious about the iterative solutions I have seen, such as on pages 4.23
>to 4.27 of  the Structural Steel Designer's Handbook, 2nd ed. by
Brockenbrough