From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 1998 7:21 AM
To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'
Subject: RE: Retaining Wall program

Hey Bill, you're from Texas and you're clearly an anomaly! {Humor, no
harm intended.}  Don't slam the practice in another state unless you
fully understand it.  Connections on Texas tiltwall projects are
designed appropriately to resist all calculated forces which, as you
note, do not normally include seismic.  However, tiltwall-to-foundation
connection design is not included in any tiltwall design software that I
am aware of.  It is done the old-fashioned way, by hand.

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas