RE: about the Bad Humor issue

I am continuously amazed about how mortals think that they know God's plan
or intentions or think they know what Jesus Christ meant when he said
something. Certainly, there is a lot of documentation in the Bible, but
there are a lot of folks who want to read between the lines to form their
own interpretation.

I think it would certainly show progress of our species if we could learn to
be more tolerant and more respective of others as well as become less
judgmental of others (I think even Jesus Christ said something about this).
I believe it would be a wonderful day when we can all respect Christians,
Jews, Moslems, Buddhists, Atheists, Blacks, Whites, Browns, Yellows, Reds,
Males, Females, Gays and Straights while maintaining our own dignity and
sense of humor. The Reverend Martin Luther King once suggested a yardstick
that I believe wouldn't be a bad barometer.

There exists a lot of humor out there that is truly offensive and disgusting
to most audiences. However there is some that may lie in a gray area. If we
all become so afraid of stepping on someone's toes, what kind of society
will that create? Certainly a listserv w/o humor.

The Christians on this listserv need to lighten up.

Regards,
Bill Allen