DL DEFLECTION

Please consider the following issue

The October 1992 issue of Steel Tips notes the four available methods to
control dl deflection while still designing relatively flat floors.  They are
1) Varying thickness slab 2) Overdesign Beam/Girder  3) Camber Beam/Girder  4)
Shore Beams.  With a strong preference toward a combination of methods 1,2 for
short spans and 1,2, and 3 for long spans, are there any guidelines &
procedures that may help the designer as he/she seeks to juggle various
variables such as additional concrete wt., economy, tolerances, and
constructability.

If anyone would like to share their approach/guidelines or can direct me to
some insightful articles on this issue, I would appreciate it.  Thank you in
advance for you time.