Re: 3/8" Plywood shear values on metal studs.

In a message dated 7/11/98 3:28:45 PM, Tom B. wrote:

<<3/8" would give one the hebee gebees after Northridge.  Let's all
design the walls according to their relative flexural and shear rigidities and
limit the H:W to reasonable values as well.  This, along with 15/32" five ply
struct.I and 10d commons should solve the problem>>

I assume you're talking about total rigidity (including both flexural and
shear deflections).  And what would you consider a "reasonable value" of H:W,
and would it vary in different situations?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA