Re: Simpson Strong Wall (Prefab OSB Shear Walls)

At Cal Poly, Simpson gave a little introduction to them.  It looked really
sturdy and nice.  The only problem that I see is the bending that is going to
occure in the anchor bolts.  If anyone has seen these, the bottom plate has a
slot in them where the anchor bolts are placed in order to adjust the shear
walls in place.  On top of the bottom plate is a square metal plate that is
screwed on all four corners to the bottom plate in which the anchor bolts are
bolted on top of these plates.  With this slot in the bottom plate, there is a
1 1/2" cantilever from the foundation that the anchor bolts have to resist.

If anyone has any solutions to this please forward them to me.  Thanks

Marlou