Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Threaded Rod Holdowns in Wood Frame Buildings

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I just finished a design where the contractor wanted to use "Go-Bolts".

There advertisement is at


Lew Midlam, PE

Buildengr(--nospam--at) wrote:

> Does anybody have knowledge of using vertical threaded rods as wood framed
> building holdowns?  I'm looking for buildings with threaded rod holdowns
> designed by the Engineer of Record and not a pre-engineered system (i.e. MBR
> or use of Simpson products).