Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Metal Decks and powder actuated fasteners.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Metal Decks and powder actuated fasteners.
- From: "La Count, Curt" <Curt.LaCount(--nospam--at)Jacobs.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:01:00 -0700
To whom it may concern, I would like to see if there is a body of opinion out there concerning the replacement of welds with powder acuated fasteners in horizontal metal deck diaphragms. I have seen values published in ICBO reports for diaphragm strength values, but I have not seen any stiffness values. My specific concern is for stiffness degradation under cyclic loads. Welds resist shears by a combination of tension, bearing and shears due to the circumferential attachment and the pins only bear against the leading edge of the deck. Would this cause hole elongation and softening of the diaphragm stiffness. If anyone has experience with this topic, I would appreciate your input. Curt La Count Jacobs Engineering Portland, OR
- Prev by Subject: Re: Metal Deck Diaphragms with Self-Drilling Screws
- Next by Subject: metal roof decking
- Previous by thread: Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools -Reply
- Next by thread: Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for PublicSchools -Reply