Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools

With all due respect to Tim McCormick, not all jurisdictions are equivalent ot the
city of Los Angeles.  When we are talking about statewide legislation, we need to
consider all jurisidictions not just those who are capable of providing the review
necessary.  What about that little jurisdiction that does not have an SE on staff
and has to contract?  What if their contracting requirements say they have to take
the low bid?

The issue is not with the City of Los Angeles, or San Francisco, or other large
jurisdicitons who employ SEs.  The issue is with the small jurisdiction who does
not employ an SE and has to contract for those services.  Are the children in
those jurisdicitions entitled to the same level of care as those in the LA Unified
School District?  Or is it okay for them to potentially accept the quality of the
low bid?

Rick Ranous