Potential Corrosion of Pipe Piles

A couple of questions on concrete filled pipe (steel) piles. First, what
testing of the soil is done to determine the potential for corrosion of the
pipe, and what is the acceptance criteria on the test results? Second, is the
concrete usually reinforced with vertical and hoop rebar or is it left
unreinforced? I am aware that the Ductile Iron Pipe Assoc. has a 10 point
rating corrosion criteria for its pipe, but I wonder if the steel pile
industry has any similar assessment guidelines ?