Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Potential Corrosion of Pipe Piles[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Potential Corrosion of Pipe Piles
- From: James_F_Fulton(--nospam--at)RohmHaas.Com (James F Fulton)
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:12:37 -0400
A couple of questions on concrete filled pipe (steel) piles. First, what testing of the soil is done to determine the potential for corrosion of the pipe, and what is the acceptance criteria on the test results? Second, is the concrete usually reinforced with vertical and hoop rebar or is it left unreinforced? I am aware that the Ductile Iron Pipe Assoc. has a 10 point rating corrosion criteria for its pipe, but I wonder if the steel pile industry has any similar assessment guidelines ?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Posts to the List
- Next by Subject: Potential Engineer Test
- Previous by thread: Assumed
- Next by thread: Re: Placing Concrete in Vault