Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools -Reply[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools -Reply
- From: Tim McCormick <TMCCORMI(--nospam--at)BAS.CI.LA.CA.US>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:00:19 -0700
Rick, you write " With all due respect to Tim McCormick, not all jurisdictions are equivalent to the city of Los Angeles." When we are talking about statewide legislation, we need to consider all jurisdictions not just those who are capable of providing the review necessary." We both agree that all school children in both private and public schools deserve quality oversight of plan review, inspection and construction (such as provided by the Division of the State Architect). Personally , I support ALL schools, both private and public, under their administration. The record of how local jurisdictions administer private schools is not as good DSA's record on public schools. Having all school, hospital and essential facilities under DSA would help ensure uniform compliance throughout the state. Yes, I am willing to lose some plan check dollars in qualified LA or SF if it will help ensure safety statewide. Tim McCormick, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools -Reply
- Next by Subject: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools
- Previous by thread: Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools
- Next by thread: Metal Decks and powder actuated fasteners.