Re: Future of CA's Field Act - Seismic Safety for Public Schools -Reply

Rick, you write " With all due respect to Tim McCormick, not all jurisdictions
are equivalent to the city of Los Angeles."  When we are talking about
statewide legislation, we need to consider all jurisdictions not just those who
are capable of providing the review necessary."

We both agree that all school children in both private and public schools
deserve quality oversight of plan review, inspection and construction (such as
provided by the Division of the State Architect). Personally , I support ALL
schools, both private and public, under their administration. The record of how
local jurisdictions administer private schools is not as good  DSA's record on
public schools. Having all school, hospital and essential facilities under DSA
would  help ensure uniform compliance throughout the state.

Yes, I am willing to lose some plan check dollars in qualified LA or SF if it
will help ensure safety statewide.

Tim McCormick, P.E.