RE: Cakes are round, Pie are square

Kent Estes said:
"Enough!  You and others have usurped the original purpose of this
listserver!"

We've had a number of postings regarding the purpose of this listserver.
Some advocate restrictions to technical issues while others argue
vehemently in favor of a wide range list topics.

One of the things that makes this list great is not only the merit of
the topics discussed but who we are as an online community.  We all have
some shared experience, vocation, or interest that draws us to the list.
Primarily, that shared interest is structural engineering.  We are also
people with senses of humor (some of us), political and religious
beliefs.

I thought the Pi joke was appropriate (at least no it was no less
appropriate than any other post).  Not only does it parody
the sometimes arbitrary nature of legislatures in this country, but it
does so using a subject near and dear to all our hearts, Pi.

BTW, the following is from the SEAINT web page regarding the list (I've
capitalized the words of interest): "SEAOSC maintains an Email server
that provides an INFORMAL forum for exchange of information. Topics are
GENERALLY related to engineering, business practice, and information
sources"

This description seems broad enough for just about anything- and I think
that is good.

Nicholas Arenson, PE
Krawinkler, Luth & Associates, Inc.
160 Jefferson Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Phone: 650.688.4710 Facsimile: 650.688.4712
E-mail: arenson(--nospam--at)klaa.com <mailto:arenson(--nospam--at)klaa.com>    Web: www.klaa.com
<http://www.klaa.com>