Re: Placing Concrete in Vault

<<
 Well but wouldn't the 4" slump lead to voids and seggregation in such a
 heavily reinforced section, especially in the walls ?

 I'm hoping that by using the superplasticizer to increase the slump to 6
 to 7" without increasing the water cement ratio, the potential for
 shrinkage and thus cracking is not increased.

This is a matter of semantics.  Typically we specify (and measure) the slump
(4") prior to adding the superplasticizer.  I' m fairly sure this is standard
procedure.  Once the superplasticizer is added the slump may go to 8" to 10".

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.