Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Cakes are round, Pie are square[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Cakes are round, Pie are square
- From: Bill Polhemus <polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:26:37 -0500
I said it. And I stand by it. He WAS the FIRST REPUBLICAN since Reconstruction to be elected governor of Alabama. I don't remember the last Republican before him, all I can remember is one cogent fact: He was a black man. Of course, he was not elected, because governors of the "Reconstructed" states were all appointed by Congress, which was at that time controlled by the so-called "Radical Republicans" who gained power in the backlash resulting from the assassination of Pres. Lincoln. Don't mess with a history buff from Alabama, SUH!!! We're fed this stuff along with Mother's Milk. (SIGNED) Bill Polhemus (Father from South Carolina, Mother from Alabama, Born and Raised in the Sunny Southland) -----Original Message----- From: MSSROLLO(--nospam--at)aol.com [SMTP:MSSROLLO(--nospam--at)aol.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 12:33 PM Geez....I hardly call the original election of Guy Hunt as "momentious"...and I also bet money...the person that orginally stated he was the first Republican since Reconstruction...was not a southerner...I would be curious about that one...
- Prev by Subject: Re: Cakes are round, Pie are square
- Next by Subject: FW: Cakes are round, Pie are square
- Previous by thread: Re: Cakes are round, Pie are square
- Next by thread: FW: Cakes are round, Pie are square