Re: Shafat & the listserv

Shafat,

Thank you for taking the time to administer the listserv - volunteers
are rarely appreciated.

The listserv has been a great source of information but also some
unusual political and religious commentary.  The reality of the listserv
and its expansion from SEAOC to SEAINT is that there soon will be so
many messages that it will be difficult to sift thru them (I fear
accessing my account after a weeks vacation) Eventually you will
probably find some people leaving because the e-mail is to hard to keep
up with.  Lately it seems that the jokes and commentary outnumber the
engineering info and inquiries (I have been guilty as well) making it
even more difficult.

I hate to ask more of your time but would it be possible to consider
breaking the listserv into two groups  SEAINT(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG and for the
lighter side/commentary/politics/religion  SEAINTLS(--nospam--at)SEAINT.ORG in the
long run both purposes will be much better served.

Unfortunately its human nature to respond to some of the jokes/comments
that you agree or diagree with - in the end this will overshadow what
the listserv has been and could be.  The recent messages are evidence
that Engineers have humor, opinions and can be offensive but we know
that and dont necessarily need to prove it on the listserv.  SEAINTLS
could serve that purpose and free up SEAINT to be a great source of
info.  Any one else agree?????

Thanks again Shafat