Re: The purpose of this server

I started this mess by clicking on the wrong address in my book, at 1:00 in the morning about a
month ago, when I was sending a joke to a friend.   The joke was actually very tame, and
appropriate for this list - in fact, it had been here before.  One person responded that he was
offended by the joke, and that started the firestorm.

I had hoped that this issue would have died out by now, but it seems to have a life of its
own.   I have no idea how to stop it except to ask that everyone demonstrate self-restraint and
*not* post further messages to the list on this issue.  Just keep your fingers off the
keyboard.  *Don't respond to this message*.

If you can't refrain from typing something, then send your comments to me at
mailto:Lew.Midlam(--nospam--at)lcm.com  Don't click on 'Reply' to this message.  Send your comments directly
to me.

If you feel the need to make a public statement, then find an appropriate newsgroup, or send a
*private* request to me and I'll start a listserver just for this issue.  I already run lists on
other topics.  It would be very simple to start a separate one for this topic.

I don't want a monitored list.  I'd like to think that "professionals" can demonstrate enough
self-restraint that a monitored list wouldn't be necessary.

Lew Midlam, PE
www.lcm.com