Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Welded Steel Tanks - Seismic Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Welded Steel Tanks - Seismic Design
- From: <LibertyEng(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:58:34 EDT
Glenn: I recommend using the methods in the NAVFAC Seismic Manual for your foundation design. I found it conservative relative to the D100 standard for a recent job of ours at Fort Eustis. Jan M. Harris, PE President Liberty Engineering, PC PS: Due to the recent growth at Liberty Engineering, I feel the need to articulate our office standards in some sort of written "policy statements." Please provide a draft for our policy on the use of our corporate ISP accounts. The policy should reflect our firm's core values and allow as much discretion as is prudent to employees. My own deep respect for our country's constitution and its guarantees of freedom of speech and religion helped me to name the firm. (That and my aversion to the current trend to name firms after spoonfuls of alphabet soup.) We ought to include a few Do's and Don'ts for email and posts to newsgroups or listservs that will go outside the firm. Do you think we need to require one of those disclaimers at the end of everyone's posts that says the author's opinions are personal rather than the firm's?
- Prev by Subject: Welded Steel Tanks - Seismic Design
- Next by Subject: RE: Welded Steel Tanks - Seismic Design
- Previous by thread: Welded Steel Tanks - Seismic Design
- Next by thread: RE: Welded Steel Tanks - Seismic Design