Re: Welded Steel Tanks - Seismic Design

Glenn:
I recommend using the methods in the NAVFAC Seismic Manual for your foundation
design.  I found it conservative relative to the D100 standard for a recent
job of ours at Fort Eustis.
Jan M. Harris, PE
President
Liberty Engineering, PC
PS:  Due to the recent growth at Liberty Engineering, I feel the need to
articulate our office standards in some sort of written "policy statements."
Please provide a draft for our policy on the use of our corporate ISP
accounts.  The policy should reflect our firm's core values and allow as much
discretion as is prudent to employees.  My own deep respect for our country's
constitution and its guarantees of freedom of speech and religion helped me to
name the firm.  (That and my aversion to the current trend to name firms after
spoonfuls of alphabet soup.)   We ought to include a few Do's and Don'ts for
email and posts to newsgroups or listservs that will go outside the firm.  Do
you think we need to require one of those disclaimers at the end of everyone's
posts that says the author's opinions are  personal rather than the firm's?