Re: Metal Deck Diaphragms with Self-Drilling Screws

ITW Buildex is the product I've use for that application.  I don't know of any
other manufacturer that has a research report on self-drilling self-tapping
screws for metal deck diaphragms.  However, Hilti's catalog shows their screws
used in that application; their phone is 800-879-8000.

I found The ITW Buildex product and its ICBO Report by talking with the Verco
Tech Rep. (510-792-2429)  He may be aware of other similar products.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer