Re: OTTO & Shafat -Reply

Shafat

I think that your moderate approach is commendable.

I endorse your addition to the FAQ,  except to add two words to give you
some judgemental flexibility:

"------ will be warned and may be suspended from ----".

Someone previously mentioned that the list server participants were like
members of a family.  Recent experiences show this to be true.  I have found
it interesting to appreciate the diversity of family members,  indeed the
exposure to international opinion/culture to equal interest of the
engineering matters of late.

Well done Shafat.

> Here is the new Question that I am adding to our FAQ:
>
> Q. Can I post a joke to the list?
> A. This list server is intended to focus on the Structural engineering
> issues. Normally, the jokes are NOT welcome by members. However, an
> occasional joke relating engineers are allowed, provided the content is
>  not regarding race, religion or ethnicity. If your email is found
inappropriate by the administrator, you will be warned and suspended from
the list.

> Comments are welcome.

Bruce Shephard, Principal Consultant Seismic Risk
Opus International Consultants, New Zealand
DD Telephone +64 4 4717597,  Fax +64 4 4711397
Email bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz