Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Licenses in other States

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Unfortunately Engineering registration is one of the least uniform 
professional processes across the Country - there are probably 6 or 7 
different variations on the test and experience requirements.  I 
practice Structural Engineering but depending on the State license I am 
a P.E.  or an S.E.  or a C.E.- Some of this variation is legitimate 
(seismic knowledge) and some of it is territorial/bureaucratic.

Check out the NCEE (Natl Council of Engr Examiners) they have all of the 
info and have a program where you can submit one form to them that will 
can be used for most states - it is called the NCEES Council Record


Good Luck.