wood adhesives

I was recently asked about new wood adhesive and its' suitability for
plywood gussets on trusses.  I recommended the gussets be designed for the
mechanical capacity of the fasteners.  The question remains in my mind
about the use of adhesives and what mechanical properties are acceptable;
what type of temperature resistance they must have for fire resistance,
etc.  I did some repair work on glue lam beams with the cooperation of the
manufacturer utilizing their approved adhesive and clamping pressures
defined by the glue manuf'r.  I don't have that at my disposal.  Is there
an approved list of adhesives or specification they must meet in order to
utilize the composite action of the fastened wood pieces?
Thanx,
Mark A. Scott, SE, Washington St.