Re: Powder Actuated Fasteners

The main problem I have run into with powder fasteners into bar joists from a
construction standpoint is the actual attachment to the bar joist.

When the chords are from thin angles, the fastener bends the horizontal leg
downward if the fastener is too far from the vertical leg.  I have seen this
routinely on light bar joists (1/8" legs mostly).  The larger bar joist do not
see to be a problem in this respect.

I have seen several that never attached to the bar joists at all.  The force
needed to bend the angle leg was far less than the force needed to penetrate
the leg if the fastener is too far from the vertical leg.

Just my 37 cents worth.....