Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Powder Actuated Fasteners[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Powder Actuated Fasteners
- From: <MSSROLLO(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:23:17 EDT
The main problem I have run into with powder fasteners into bar joists from a construction standpoint is the actual attachment to the bar joist. When the chords are from thin angles, the fastener bends the horizontal leg downward if the fastener is too far from the vertical leg. I have seen this routinely on light bar joists (1/8" legs mostly). The larger bar joist do not see to be a problem in this respect. I have seen several that never attached to the bar joists at all. The force needed to bend the angle leg was far less than the force needed to penetrate the leg if the fastener is too far from the vertical leg. Just my 37 cents worth.....
- Prev by Subject: RE: Powder Actuated Fasteners
- Next by Subject: Fw: THE POWER OF PRAYER
- Previous by thread: RE: Powder Actuated Fasteners
- Next by thread: ANYONE USING CALCOMP 3036M PEN PLOTTER