Re: Wood Beam repair

Hello fellow engineers:

I need your input (bright ideas) again.
A (prospective) client of mine has a pressure (treated) wood deck which is
supported on cantilevered sawn (untreated S4S ) wood beams. The cantilever is
about eight feet. The front half of the beams have dry rot.
I am thinking of cutting the beams at a fairly flat angle, glue on a new piece
(with one perpendicular lagscrew or bolt, side plates or scab-ons with
thrubolts.

What will keep the untreaded wood beams from rotting again?

I appreciate any comments and/or alternative repair recommendations.
Thanks for your help.

Antonio S. "Tony" Luisoni
Consulting SE