RE: Misnomer

Robert McGhie stated:
"Poking fun at the absurdities in our lives and the
ridiculous and peculiar things we sometimes say, hear and do helps us
maintain our sanity and bearings."
Which just proves that there are intellegent Attorney's out there:>)  As
best as I remember, this is as close to a definition of a joke as you can
get. With the exception of young children's humor (Why do chicken's cross
the road?) how many types of humor can any of you think of that does not in
some way poke fun at something or someone.
I too try and stay away from these discussions because I am one with no
feeling of religion and yet can not deny (and at times admire) the
unquestionable faith of others. Having been born a Jew, I have been
painfully aware of the autrocities committed upon others in the name of
Religion. Over the years I have come to the very personal feeling that
religion has been the main cause of most of our pain. Possibly this has
caused me to lose faith (although not my heritage).
With that stated, I wish to be clear that there is nothing in this world
which reaches my heart as much as witnessing the peace of mind and spirit
that people and families possess when they truly believe and can share their
belief with others of similar mind. However, once the line is breached where
one belief tries to convince another of what is the "true and only" religion
is where problems begin.
My feeling is that the answers we seek through religion are much greater
than any specie can comprehend and that we do a disservice to ourselves and
others by our limitations of understanding and our desire to empower our
belief as the one and only possibility. What does amaze me is to find so
many people of science who can have such unquestionable faith. I always
thought it was common to question faith and seek the truth.

Sorry to get verbose on this subject. I do not wish to offend anyone with my
comments, yet I would like to understand something that I seem to lack -
unquestionable faith.

Respectfully
Dennis Wish PE