RE: Cakes are round, Pie are square

>> Speaking as a Christian, I would encourage
everyone out there to thicken up your skins and live a little.  While I
admit that the previous humor (the joke that started the whole thing) was a
bit tasteless, I found it funny, nonetheless.  Guess what:  so did my
priest.  Believe it or not, God does have a sense of humor.<<

Right on the $$ I think.

A few things:

1. I can't remember the "original" joke that caused all the hoohah
2. It wasn't mine, anyway
3. This last one WAS SATIRE AND A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE TAKING IT SERIOUSLY.
(says a lot about our governing bodies, I think)
4. Suggested rading for further discussion: "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan
Swift. This piece was also intended as satire and everyone in England took
it seriously. And boy did they feel stupid.

I feel better

Kate O'Brien