RE: API 650 & Stainless Steel

Here is another question to add to this thread:

Consider the following:

Suppose one has an unanchored stainless steel tank.  The tank
requires some anchorage to resist earthquake demands per API-650
Appendix E.

Does it make any sense to specifiy welded stainless steel
bolt chairs instead of standard carbon steel chairs?  I am currently
trying to avoid some of the welding problems associated with
joining carbon to stainless steels and determine what is the most
cost-effective and performance-effective solution for my client.

Any comments?

 - Bill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WILLIAM M. BRUIN, P.E.