Re: [Fwd: Donation for May Atrocities in Indonesia (7/7/98)]

I do not think this is an appropriate place to circulate this sort of
political crap. I have my own opinon of what's happening in Indonesia but I
will not air it here.

Wira Tjong wrote:

> INDONESIAN WOMEN FOR MAY ATROCITIES
> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Shrine/4379
>
> We found this organization in response to the 14-15 May 1998 tragedy in
> Indonesia.  The vast economical and political downfalls have led to
> severe violations of human rights.  Arson, physical abuse, murder, and
> most importantly the public mass rape have terrorized countless innocent
> souls.
>
> We are a social, apolitical, non-religious, and non-profit based women
> organization.  Our purpose is to raise immediate funds for the victims
> of this catastrophe.   We define "victims" as those suffering physical,
> psychological and material abuses;
> -  older and young women alike, including girls of 10-12 years of age
> suffering from mass rape,
> -  people who lost members of their families during the riots,
> -  people who lost their homes and properties during the riots.
>
> The funds will be distributed to the victims through "Tim Relawan untuk
> Kemanusiaan " (Volunteers for the Human Rights) It is a broad-based
> human right non-government organization lead by Romo Ignatius Sandyawan
> Sumardi S.J. They have given great social contributions to the needy in
> Indonesia regardless of race, gender, ethnicity nor religion.  We chose
> this organization based on their credentials and proven commitment to
> the society.  As of the Bloody May Catastrophe, they have been focusing
> in giving medical and psychological assistance to the rape victims as
> well as giving temporary accommodation and meals to the general riot
> victims.  In sync with the selfless spirit of this organization, we call
> on each of you to donate material wealth to ease the great sufferings of
> the victims.
>
> In order to secure delivery of donations made to "Tim Relawan untuk
> Kemanusiaan," we will post name of donors (unless otherwise noted),
> amount contributed, city of residence, as well as receipt from "Tim
> Relawan untuk Kemanusiaan" in our homepage at
> http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Shrine/4379. The list of donators will be
> updated at the end of each day, and we will immediately send every week
> with five hundred dollars minimum collected to cover the urgent needs of
> the victims.
> As of July 7th, 1998 we have received a total amount of $2013, most of
> which ($2013)
> has been sent via wire transfer to Indonesia on July 5rd, 1998.***
>
> Should there be anybody, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity nor
> religion, who would be interested in assisting us with direct
> solicitation of funds, please e-mail us at
> Indonesian_Women(--nospam--at)uclink4.berkeley.edu.
>
> We encourage all women and those who have the hearts to help these
> innocent and helpless victims to join our plight.  Our membership is
> open to all women regardless of race, ethnicity nor religions.
>
> Donations in large sum could be sent directly to:
>      Tim Relawan
> [...]

begin:          vcard
fn:             Raghu  Pendyala
n:              Pendyala;Raghu
adr:            PO Box 420;;;Box Hill;Vic;3128;Australia
email;internet: pendyala(--nospam--at)bigfoot.com
tel;work:       0414 252 021
tel;fax:        03 9886 4625
tel;home:       03 9886 4625
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0