potential solution to joke problem pls read & comment

SEAINT members,

I asked Shafat if it would be difficult to set up a seperate listserv specifically for the jokes/commentary/non
engineering stuff that is detracting from this great source of info, His reply,

"Steve:

Why don't you run the idea by the list members and see if they like that.
It takes me only a few minutes to setup a new list.

Shafat"

Anyone who wanted to stay on both lists could.  Those who are too busy (lazy??  -sarcasm-) to sift and delete
can just belong to the engineering info only listserv (and miss out on all of the fun -sarcasm-)

It disturbing when a great source of info, Charlie Carter AISC, is considering leaving the listserv due to the
time req'd to sift thru so much non-engineering stuff.

Sorry for adding to the sifting & delleting w/ this addtl message but this could be a potential solution.

Any comments.

Thanks Steve Baldridge PE,SE
--- Begin Message ---

At 7/17/98 04:07 PM, you wrote:
>Shafat,
>
>The loss of Charlie Carter from the listserv would be a huge shame.
>There are probably a lot of engrs who agree that sifting thru 50 message
> a day, most of them jokes & commentary, detracts from the liftservs
>purpose.  Would it be difficult to set up a seperate listserv that is
>dedicated to engineering and engineering only?
>
>Thanks for your work & patience
>
>Steve Baldridge PE,SE

--- End Message ---