Re: Shafat & the listserv

Having been on vacation for a few days, and returning to find hundreds of posts
of this subject, I fully support Shafat's proposal that we limit jokes to those
relating to engineering.
If engineers want to get a lot of posts about jokes, there are lists for that.
There are also lists for porno and whatever else you want.

If enough people object to a particular post subject that is OFF TOPIC, then it
should be banned.   On topic posts should not be banned.  This is a structural
engineering list first and last.  We have to keep it this way to maintain the
integrity of the list.

No one will be deprived of anything.  They will just have to go to other places
to get it.

Lynn