AutoCAD DWF files

I am having a LOT of trouble with .dwf files. Once I create (export) a .dwf file, I get the impression that I can open it with Internet Explorer. When I double click on the .dwf file, I get a page fault error (created by the whip driver/ActiveX control) message. If I insert a .dwf file into a web page, nothing shows up. If I try to open a web page that is local (on my hard drive), I get the same page fault error. I have installed the following:

AutoCAD Internet Utilities 3.1
AutoCAD Version 14.01
Whip 3.1
Internet Explorer 4.01 (4.72.3110 w/128 bit encryption), SP1

Something must have changed on my machine because the last time I fiddled with .dwf files, I at least could open up a web page in Internet Explorer (but not Netscape 4.01).

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Bill Allen