Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SEAOC Board Meeting 7/18/98 - MemberSE's & MemberCE's voting[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: SEAOC Board Meeting 7/18/98 - MemberSE's & MemberCE's voting
- From: <CPCseaoc(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 01:58:22 EDT
Dear Allen & Lori Following today's board meeting at which the board voted in favor of having both MemberSE's & MemberCE's vote on future SEAOC ByLaw amendments, could you please arrange to have the ByLaw amendment, as approved, sent to each of the regional associations as soon as possible. The ByLaw amendment should be sent under cover of a letter from Ken Luttrell requesting ratification by each of the regional associations. My notes indicate that the ByLaw amendment should read as follows. Please confirm that this wording is consistent with your minutes: " Section 1: Amendments to these Bylaws may be proposed by any Director at any time. Section 2: Amendment of these Bylaws shall require both of the following votes in favor thereof : 1) By the Board of Directors, by at least two-thirds (2/3) of the Directors, and 2) By the MemberSE's and MemberCE's of the Regional Associations, by at least two-thirds (2/3) of the voting MemberSE's and MemberCE's, provided that at least one-third (33 1/3%) of the MemberSE's and MemberCE's vote. Section 3: Amendments become effective upon the fulfillment of the requirements of this Article." Thank you for your help in getting this out promptly to the membership, John
- Prev by Subject: RE: seaoc
- Next by Subject: SEAOC Bylaws
- Previous by thread: Re: HUMOR: microsoft humor
- Next by thread: Learning seismic analysis and design procedures using problem set examples.