Re: Steel - Hot Dip Galvanizing

CanitzCF(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> I'm trying to locate the current ASTM specification for the
> hot dip galvanizing of structural steel(channels, pipe, bolts, etc.).
> I believe that the past reference was A525 but that it has been replaced
> with A924. Is this correct? Is this correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charlie Canitz, PE
> Bel Air, MD

Volume 01.06 'Coated Steel Products' in Section 1 of the ASTM volumes
contains ASTM A123 "Standard Specification for Zinc (Hot-Dip Galvanized)
Coatings on Iron and Steel Products" and ASTM A153 "Standard
Specification for Zinc Coating (Hot-Dip) on Iron and Steel Hardware".

Hope this helps.

Brian Reese, P.E.
Summit Manufacturing
summitbr(--nospam--at)epix.net