RE: Steel - Hot Dip Galvanizing

Call the American Galvanizers Assn. 303-750-2900 for the latest info.  ASTM 123 should still be applicable.  It was updated in 1997.  A153 applies to bolts and hardware.

A525 applied to sheet steel and was replaced by A653 a few years ago.  A653 should be cited for metal deck and cold formed light gauge.  A924 is referenced in A653 and is the general requirement section.

Harold Sprague, PE
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.