Re: Concrete Boat Ramps

I would consider shrinkage or swelling of soil as the water level
changes, and the effects of freezing of wet soil under the ramp
(does it freeze in Austin?). Also, will there be long term
settlement of the material under the slab?

> Greetings from the brutally hot southwest (Austin, TX) !
>
> I must provide guidance on a concrete boat ramp to be subject to fresh water level fluctuation. I can think of no special requirements, except a toewall to prevent undercutting, and perhaps a low slu>
> I understand the COE has a document on this, however, I cannot locate it on their webserver. Does anyone have a reference on concrete boat ramps or any pertinent information that makes them different>

William Kirkham
KPFF Consulting Engineers
111 SW 5th Ave., Suite 2500
Portland, OR 97204-3628