From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Monday, July 20, 1998 3:03 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: AutoCAD DWF files

Stan,

I couldn't run a Windoze program on a bet!  I *do* keep up with the trials
and tribulations of Windoze users and thank my lucky stars that I am using
DOS.

According to the article in Infoworld (July 13, 1998), to run the Version
Conflict Manager, "Click Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System
Information, Tools, Version Conflict Manager --- and then you will find it."
If that isn't buried deep, then I don't know what is!

I do have Windows for Work Groups on one of my computers, but I turn that
computer on only once a week to run "Burn-In" (from DOS) for 8 hours to make
sure that the computer is still working.

BTW, DOS is not dead!  Caldera has OpenDOS and DR-DOS and the new version of
DR-DOS can use long file names.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Stan Caldwell wrote:

. > Bill:
. >
. > Roger Turk has a remarkable knowledge of Win98, for an individual that
. > swears he only runs DOS!  Actually, I think that he probably runs
. > Windows "in the closet".  He is right, though, Win98 replaces several
. > important DLL files during it's installation.  However, it keeps backup
. > copies of everything it replaces.  You can compare file versions, and
. > restore the predecessors, using Win98's Version Conflict Manager
. > (C:\Windows\vcmui.exe).  Now Roger, that isn't all that deep into
. > Windows!
. >
. > Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
. > Hot in Dallas