Re: Sloshing in rectangular tanks

Confirming Thor's comment.

This is not an area of my work but:

NZS 3106:1986 is the lastest version in the SANZ catalogue.
Web site is:
http://www.standards.co.nz
The Catalogue and order facilities are there.

Also of interest is the New Zealand National Society for Earthquake
Engineering publication:
"Seismic Design of Storage Tanks: Recommendations of a Study Group of the
NZNSEE."  Again dated December 1986.   A revision is in the last stages of
publication and expected to be produced 'soon'.

NZNSEE web site is: http://www.branz.org.nz/nznsee
This contains contacts etc.
Graham Quirke is the Administrative Secretary at quirke(--nospam--at)ihug.co.nz

> Subject: Sloshing in rectangular tanks
>

> Does anyone have references listing simple formulas for preliminary
>  estimation of sloshing in rectangular water tanks due to seismic input?
>

> New Zealand has an excellent code.  I have only 1986 code but it would
>  probably still be OK for prelim work.
>
> NZS 3106:19?? and can be obtained from the Standards Assoc of NZ.
>
> Bruce Shephard may be able to help bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz
>
> Thor Tandy
> Victoria  BC
> vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com

Bruce Shephard, Principal Consultant Seismic Risk
Opus International Consultants, New Zealand
DD Telephone +64 4 4717597,  Fax +64 4 4711397
Email bruce.shephard(--nospam--at)opus.co.nz