RE: Sloshing in rectangular tanks

I understand that American Water Works Association publication D100 has
information, but the Navy's NAVFAC P-355 has formulas for rectangular and
cylindrical tanks.  The liquid's weight is a variable in the formulas.  The
NAVFAC uses about 10 references to come up with their charts and formulas.
Also, I understand that the NAVFAC formulas may be more conservative than
AWWA D100.

Glenn Otto, P.E.
Liberty Engineering, P.C.
Disclaimer: "My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the corporate
entity"