From: Pat Bachman <BachmanPM(--nospam--at)c-b.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: 20 July, 1998 1:59 PM
Subject: Concrete Boat Ramps

Greetings from the brutally hot southwest (Austin, TX) !

I must provide guidance on a concrete boat ramp to be subject to fresh
water level fluctuation. I can think of no special requirements,
except a toewall to prevent undercutting, and perhaps a low slump mix
to preclude shrinkage cracking for protecion of the reinforcing
against corrosion.

I understand the COE has a document on this, however, I cannot locate
it on their webserver. Does anyone have a reference on concrete boat
ramps or any pertinent information that makes them different from a
typical slab-on-grade from a structural design standpoint. Thanks.