Sloshing in rectangular tanks

Constantine Shuhaibar wrote:

Does anyone have references listing simple formulas for preliminary
estimation of sloshing in rectangular water tanks due to seismic input?

The TriServices manual "Seismic Design for Buildings" TM 5-809-10 includes
the formulas for calculating the sloshing of water in a rectangular tank.  The
American Water Works Association (AWWA) and the American Petroleum
Institute (API) also have similar guidelines.  All of these guidelines were based
on work done by Dr. Housner.  I don't have any of the other references
available but I might be able to find them if you need.

Brian E Kehoe
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
BKehoe(--nospam--at)WJE.COM