RE: List suspension - in defense of Wildwoman

I thoroughly agree with Dennis, except on one point:  there should not be
any sort of poll or vote as to whether Kate is allowed to participate on the
list server.  It should be automatic and immediate. (If she even wants to
return.)

Furthermore, I am almost certain that this same joke (that Kate sent) was
posted to the list previously (about a year ago) and I don't recall the
uproar it created in the past few weeks.  I took a few minutes to search the
list archives and was unable to verify this, but I am entirely certain that
there have been more risque postings made than this one in the past.

The question that one must ask is "Did Kate send this message to
intentionally offend or insult anyone?"  I sincerely doubt it.  Rather than
suspend HER from the list, how about getting rid of everyone who whined
about it, and then everyone who whined about the whiners.  I thought that my
skin was tough enough to withstand the constant bickering about the
appropriateness of posts, the creation of a seperate "humor" list (a STUPID
idea), people threatening to leave the server, and other things that
accomplish nothing but waste bandwidth.  It's like the entire engineering
community has regressed to level of a bunch of 5 year olds with Gestappo
mentalities.  If this is enough to get me suspended, so be it.  I'm not
going to childishly quit, but I'm also not going to stand by and watch good
people be ostracized because the rest of the group can't get along.

Dan