RE: List suspension - in defense of Wildwoman

Regarding Kate:

Kate was not suspended because of the recent problem, but because Kate has
repeatedly sent jokes to this list server. A month or so ago I received
several complaints about her sending too many humor email to this list. I
sent her an email expressing the subscribers' concern and warned her that
if she continues with the pattern, we will have to suspend her.

Guess what? Not only did she continue, she actually increased the frequency
of her humor email. One night she send 13 email to this list.

Hope that clarifies.

Shafat
p.s suspension is temporary and I plan to invite her back soon.

At 7/21/98 12:08 PM, you wrote:
>I'm not saying "yea" or "nay" to the controversy ongoing (I just hit the
DEL key, most of the time), but I think it wise not to overreact.

>There's no "First Amendment" on a private mailing list.  The listowner(s)
can do whatever is deemed necessary.

>So, instead of trying to ELEVATE this dispute to the level of social
revolution, why not stick to the real point:  is this a proper way to
behave between peers and colleagues.