RE: List suspension - in defense of Wildwoman

With all due respect to Bill, I might take offense at his last comment about
"Clintonistas" as I feel that this is as inappropriate as the humor thread.
It was never the intention that this become a moderated list, nor was the
intention of the Internet to establish authoritative control by an
govenernment. As such, there is no Consitutional right that I know of that
can govern any platform which is universal.
No, I can't agree with Bill Polhemus on this issue - especially when he
proposes rules of conduct and ends his post by insulting Democrates. How
professional is this?
My point is overly stated. In reality, we invite political comments like
Bill's to our list. We also invite humor - as is evident in the last six or
so jokes related to engineers. Once we start to establish exceptions to the
rules we will direct our list into oblivion.

We created this problem and we as a list perpetuate it. I won't miss those
that would rather leave than stay and work through this issue. Some of us
have suggested understanding how networks which may not support filtering
work so that we can reach a reasonable solution. Others have suggesting
filtering on prefaced code words. The majority appears not to want a more
complicated messaging system. Unless we, as a united community, decide what
we wish to do to resolve this issue, we must learn to live with it or allow
others to enforce parental control over a group of "supposed" professional.

Reinstate Kate and allow the members to govern themselves.

Dennis Wish PE