Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic Criteria - Reply[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Seismic Criteria - Reply
- From: Brian Kehoe <BEK(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:30:42 -0500
Jim Hester wrote: >>>From: jhester(--nospam--at)zapeng.com (Jim Hester) To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org Subject: seismic criteria I am designing a building at a military base in North Carolina according to seismic criteria TM 5-809-10. This document relies heavily on SEAOC's blue book, however Table 1-D, Importance Factor and Table 1-G, Approved System Coefficient are not reproduced in the TM. Please tell me if the importance factor given in UBC Table 16-K is equivalent to SEAOC 1-D and if UBC TAble 16-N is equivalent to SEAOC 1-G. If the UBC tables are not equivalent, where can I quickly get tables 1-D and 1-G? The firm is in the process of ordering a copy of the blue book.<<< If the questions refer to the 1994 UBC, then the UBC tables mentioned are essentially equivalent to the Blue book. Brian Kehoe
- Prev by Subject: seismic criteria
- Next by Subject: Seismic design of cable structures.
- Previous by thread: seismic criteria
- Next by thread: To All List members