RE: To All List members

I would like to echo Lynn's first paragraph. I find the jokes a huge waste of energy and time. I would like to suggest that those people who like to post homor articles do so from a HUMOR listserv. Let's stay focused on Engineering AEC topics. There's nothing wrong with sending HUMOR to those who want it, but to do so unsolicited is really rude. I have to wade through enough junk mail at home, at work, on line, etc...and don't really want to have to deal with it on this list.

To anyone who finds the need to send jokes to others- please find another venue for doing so. Why MUST they be sent here??? As the manager of a CAD department I actually find it offensive to have my crew wasting company time on such things. We are encouraging bad behaviour in the professional environment by letting this kind of waste of time occupy our list and our day. Do you want your employees wasting your dollars and time reading this stuff???

Please note, I am NOT a humorless person. I have a great sense of humor and enjoy joking with people just as well (if not more) than the next person. But I do think that there is an appropriate time and place for everything. This list is NOT an appropriate time and place.

Sincerely,

Robert Grandmaison